Thursday, July 19, 2012

Renovate Me

Chocolate brown with black wash
I'm so tired! Oldest is coming home Friday, and I just put the first coat of clear seal on the floor. It's gorgeous, but there's still a lot of work to do to get everything wrapped up before we head off to the airport tomorrow. The house is a filthy wreck. I need to do laundry. And...I still need to put on another coat of sealant on the floor so we can move the furniture back in there. We'll see how it plays out. I'm going to try to get it finished tonight, but at this point, I'd just settle for my house being clean again. 

another shot of the texture
Here are a couple of pictures of the floor. The top picture is the actual color as it appears int the room. Almost like a bronze/chocolate brown with a black wash over the top of it. I don't know why the bottom photo turned out so light. You can see the texturing better in the second photo though.

We ended up going with a dark taupe for the walls, which is really soothing and lovely. I prefer neutrals and natural colors since they will go with anything, and I'm hoping by doing these floor like this, we will never have to do them ever again.
Highest Eagle's Peak WM115 - 11151
paint color in afternoon lighting -
"dark taupe" 

Yesterday, I painted in there from about 7 am until after midnight. By the time I made it to the shower and all that, I was ready to drop. I sat down and had a glass a wine, and shortly thereafter, it was lights out.


I haven't had a chance to write much in the past few days. I've been entirely too busy / too tired painting all day. It looks like I'm going to have some catching up to do when I finally get back to work.


Anyway, tonight, I'm going to listen in on a radio show, answer emails that are piling up, and then it's back to the bedroom for more painting. Hopefully, this will be the last of it. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!! I can only imagine how much work it was. Hope you get to kick back, relax and enjoy the finished product soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good. You've been keeping yourself busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies! It turned out really well. We finished up the room Friday morning...a few hours before Oldest arrived home. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^