Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy July 4th

Happy July 4th!  

It's after one in the morning here in the land of La, and I'm trying wrap up a short story before I go to bed. The first draft is complete, and now I'm working on cleaning it up for submission.Yesterday I completely rewrote the beginning, and makes the story more cohesive overall. It reads much better now, but I still need to go through and do a few more chops and tweaks before it's ready to send out into the wild.

Once the sun is up, we're all going over to my mom and dad's house for hamburgers and hot dogs. I'll probably send the guys and SassiePup ahead of me, and run by the store to pick up extras. In short, we're having a family day. Maybe I'll do some writing toward the afternoon. Or, maybe I'll put in a movie, curl up on the couch and take a cat nap. I'm going to hang ten and go with the flow of the day.

Whatever you're doing today, I hope it brings you happiness. Happy Independence Day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^