Monday, June 25, 2012

Updates & Upcoming Writerly Events

It's been quiet over here at the blog for the past few days. Mini spent the weekend with my parents, so it was just me and the hubby with the house to ourselves.

We went out to eat, did some shopping, that sort of thing. We also watched True Blood, and a couple of movies like The Divide, stuff we aren't able to watch with the Minibeast wandering through the house.

I spent the rest of the time revising and rewriting a short story. I finished it earlier today, and tossed it to aside to "settle" for a few days before I do a final read through and send it out. We'll see what happens. 

Right now there's a 3 month prep program going on for Harlequin's So You Think You Can Write (SYTYCW) contest. I have no idea if you can participate if you've already been published (epublished, etc.) but it looks pretty interesting. 

They already have several really good writing articles posted, and there is more going on in the Harlequin community forums on the eHarlequin website. If you're interested in participating, you can find out more about it here: http://www.soyouthinkyoucanwrite.com/

The June Camp NaNo writing session is almost over, but there will be another session starting in August. I joined in for June, and...well, I'm no where near my projected 50k. But I did manage to get over 15k written, and that's certainly better than nothing! I need to go update my word count before the session ends, since I never did go back in to update after my last writing jag. 

Anyway, there you have it. A few things currently on my mind. I've met my quota for the day so I'm going to turn off the net and read for a bit. What am I reading? Demon Eyes by L.H. Maynard & M.P.N. Sims 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^