Friday, June 22, 2012

The Short Story That Wouldn't End


Oh how I'd love to be lying on a pool float right now, sipping a margarita, and reading a book that I didn't write. Instead, I'm pages away from finishing this latest short story, and I'm a little worried it's going to run long. Le sigh. If that happens, I'll have to go through it again and make more cuts. {pitiful crying noises}

Anyway, it's after 10:30 p.m., and I just got the kidlet to bed. I don't know why he's so restless this evening. Tomorrow, I'm taking him to mom's and letting him run wild in the yard for a bit. The goal is to thoroughly wear him down before bringing him home.

Now that the house is quiet, I'm going to work on this story, and try to wrap it up. I swear, if I do nothing else this weekend, I'm finishing this damn story and sending it out. I mean it. For reals. No kidding. Grr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^