Thursday, June 07, 2012

Practical Thursday

A picture I took at Jacksonville Beach, Florida a few years ago.
I'm stressed, tired, and feeling kind of drained. We found out yesterday Oldest is about to be stationed in Bahrain. Telling my parents was't easy. They already feel the service took their grandson away, and there is really no way to put a positive spin on seeing your kid sent off to the Middle East. This is definitely not one of our happier moments.

Moving along...

Today I fixed an annoying formatting error in What She Doesn't Know, and reloaded the file at Smashwords.  The .pdf came out looking clean, so I hope that means everything has been ironed out. The e-book contains five short erotica stories for the price of $1.25. That breaks down to 25 cents a story, y'all. Not too bad! If you've already bought a copy of the collection, you'll have access to both the new and old versions through your Smashwords dashboard, so no worries.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but my website has a new look. Hmm. It does the job, so I guess it's okay. I liked the way it looked before, but I went in the other night to add information about an upcoming anthology I'm going to be included in, and there was a button that said the website service had updated the templates. It also said you could activate the template, and if you didn't like it, you could change it back.

What it didn't say was that you could change it back as long as you didn't move anything. Bleh. I activated the template, and tried to fix my banner image, which no longer fit the frame on the page. I couldn't get it to fit, so I tried to revert to the old template, but by then it was too late. I'd adjusted the page elements. So, from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. I had to rework my entire website. Yeah, that'll teach me to activate buttons I'm not too sure about! {g}

With all the latest drama, I'm a few thousand words behind on my Camp NaNo project, but I don't think it's so bad that I can't catch up. We'll see. I'm going to try to catch up over the weekend, if we're not driving to Biloxi to hand off Oldest's birth certificate.

One more thing before I go...a bit of good news! I noticed Morning, Noon and Night: Erotica For Couples, an anthology edited by Alison Tyler, is now available for pre-order at both Barnes and Noble, and at Amazon. {trade paperback} My short story  Four P.M. - No Show is included in this book. Cool beans!

Anyway, I'm about to go hang out in the living room with Mini. I've been busy most of the day, and he's bouncing up and down trying to get my attention. {lol} He's such a ham! That's all for now. I hope you all have a happy Thursday. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.