Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday :: Small Efforts, Repeated

Hello, Monday! I'm so ready to kick off this new Jupiter luck cycle I've been reading about. Our family certainly needs a fresh start and some good luck. I hope it starts off with Oldest receiving his papers in time to get his passport.

Hubby spent an insane amount of money on Friday to send Oldest his documentation via overnight service, but when he checked the tracking number Saturday morning, the flat was in Pennsylvania.

Um, wrong side of the country, USPS.

Hubby is pretty ticked off about that, but what can we do about it? At this point, we can only wait and see if it arrives at all. I hoped this wouldn't happen, but I suspected it might. The last time I sent a package Oldest's way, it ended up in Tennessee. I got a notice that the package had arrived but wasn't deliverable. However, when I called Oldest about it, they had sent it on to the AFB, and when he checked at his local PO, the parcel was there. So, who knows.

Eventually the package I sent made it's way to Mississippi, but it definitely took the scenic route getting there. I'm hoping this is kinda sorta what happens with Oldest's documents - only faster. The whole worries me a bit because of identity theft. Le sigh.

At any rate, my guess is something about the address at the AFB totally throws the post office for a loop. Whatever causes it, they seriously need to fix that mess!

Anyway, moving along... Time for a recap of the weekend. Hubby finally managed to get in to the Guild Wars 2 Beta, so there's one thorn removed from my side. {The Guild War 2 problem, not the hubby!} I managed to carve out enough time to take Mini over to visit my parents for several hours, and I still wrote enough on my Camp NaNo project to push me over the 8k mark. I also finished a separate, short erotica story, although I haven't revised it yet. I'll get around to it soon enough.

I recently read an article at Savvy Authors by the lovely Jessa Slade about keeping tabs on your word count with an Excel spreadsheet so you can keep check of your productivity. I'm going to try using it. She posted a screen cap, and I used it to make my own version (one that doesn't require as much math - lol).

I've written a ridiculous amount of throw away words this year. By throw away words I mean stuff that I completed, but didn't feel it was good enough and tossed it into file and haven't gone back to look at it. A lot of those pieces I wrote while going through classes, but whatever. I can't afford to keep doing that. I read somewhere - I'm sad I can't remember where - that if you keep better track of your projects, you'll see them listed and feel more compelled to go back and complete/revise/edit/whatever them in order to get them off your plate. I'm hoping that's true, because I need to toss a few more stories out into the wild this year.

Well, I've written, read, tweeted, blipped, and blogged until it's almost 3 a.m. I have a few more words to put on the page, then I'm calling it a night. I have to get up in a few hours and run errands. Joy, eh? At least I'll have Mini to keep me company. I hate bill paying, but his happy chatter makes it tolerable. That said, happy Monday, y'all. I hope you have a great day, and wish for your luck cycle to take off in a positive direction starting today. ☮

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^