Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Juggling Projects

Busy, busy, Tuesday! I have so much to do. I wrote 2k on a novel this morning, and now I'm switching over to editing a short story I want to send out this week. In all honesty, I need to pick a day of the week to do nothing but revise, edit, scrap, rewrite...that sort of thing. The question is, would I stick to a schedule like that?

I'm well behind on my Camp NaNo Project. I need to update my word count over there, though, because I did clear the 15k mark. Still, that's no where on par. I'm pretty sure it's next to impossible to reach 50k on time at this point, but the story is steadily growing, so I won't complain.

Speaking of projects, I'm nearing the end of one of my Grrl X projects. I've been keeping my eye on the RWA loops for people who are editing and formatting for CreateSpace. Once I have Edge of Twilight ready to go, I'd like someone else to look over it for me before I send it off to Amazon. However, price is going to be an issue. I'm mostly concerned with the formatting, because I can somehow manage to screw up the formatting, even when I'm following detailed instructions. It's a talent, I swear.

I'm not sure how I plan to release the book yet. Electronic first. Then CreateSpace. Simultaneously?  I'm still not happy with Amazon's return policy concerning digital books, and if I hear the "one-click defense" one more time, I can't be blamed for an bodily injury that takes place. I mean, really, if one-click purchase is that tricky for you, turn that shit off.

There's a lot to think about before that particular book is ready to go, and its looking like it might be fall before it's ready to post. In the meantime, I'm going to keep chipping away at it until it's finished.

That's all I've got for now. Mini is wanting more macaroni and cheese, so I'm off to the kitchen to do Mom duty. I hope you all have a great day. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^