Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there, and peace to those who are missing their mom today.

The guys and I will be heading over to my mom's in a few hours. We received Oldest's Navy graduation video in by FedX a few days ago. My parents weren't able to fly to Chicago with us for the graduation, and they've been looking forward to the DVD. I'm going to drop by the store and buy lunch on the way over there, so it's going to be a cozy kind of hang-out day for us.

So, it's been a few days since I've blogged. What's going on with me? A lot of stuff. I've been very busy. Aside from studying, I've been working on the annual contest for my RWA chapter. I'm super excited about the line up of editors and agents we have on board to judge. I'll be posting about that more when it gets closer to contest time.

Let's see... what else is going on?  Well, I've been cleaning up a short story for a class workshop I'm taking, and I've been writing when I get a few free minutes. Right now, my main focus outside of studying for my certification test, is the fantasy romance. I'm trying to pull my sample chapters together so I can go ahead and send them out to the editor who requested them. My current goal is to have those chapters off my desk by the end of the month. Wish me luck!

Anyway it's almost 1 a.m., so I better wrap up and call it a night. It's going to be a fun, but busy day tomorrow.  When we're back home from celebrating I'll probably be tired, and ready to flop on the couch and watch a horror movie marathon. Make mine zombies. ;o) Have a great Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^