Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday : Writing, Editing, and Spring Break

Where has the week gone? It's been a blur for me. I've been so busy lately I've barely had time to keep up with the blog scene. I'm very sorry about that. I like to keep it as current as possible, but sometimes I simply run out of hours.

Last night, before bed, I wrote a pivotal scene for my fantasy romance novel. I also wrote a few throwaway backstory scenes to get a better grasp on my character's motivation. So far, so good. I'm working on it a piece at a time. It seems to come together better that way.

Earlier today, I tried to get in as much writing as possible. I did a couple of 1k in 1hour timed writings on twitter with Cassandra Carr, Shae Connor, and Lea Barrymire. That was very productive. I ended up with about 3100 words, and by the end of the day, working on my own, I wrote another scene which put me over the 4k mark. I'm totally satisfied with that.

That afternoon, I checked in on the college class, and painted blocks to use for sentence structure models. when they're finished, I'll take a picture and post them here, and on my DIY pinterest board. They're pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Very helpful, and they take up minimal space.

After that, I took a break. The bus arrived and I greeted Mini. Then I put the laundry in the wash. After dinner and Mini's bath, I went back to the office and did a quick pass over The Matador, a shorty story in the upcoming erotica anthology. The copy is marked up, but I still need to add the changes in on the digital copy.

Tomorrow is Mini's final day before Spring Break. He'll be out for a week, so next weekend, we'll be taking off for Biloxi Beach. We're going to get a hotel and visit Oldest over the weekend. I'm totally looking forward to it.  Oldest has text'd ahead several times to make sure we're going. ;o)

I have class tomorrow, but once that's shored away, I'm switching to revisions for a while. I still have reading to do, and I'm trying to wrap up a short story. I wrote two very emotionally intense scenes today, but I need to go back and tidy them up.

That's it for now. Wishing you all a happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^