Monday, April 16, 2012

Projects and New Covers : Twilight's Edge

Miao says, Hi!
Happy Monday! It's been a crazy day of sorts. Hubby has been in and out of the house. He forgot to take his blood pressure pill before he left for work, so he had to come back home for it.

Only, when he got here and grabbed the pill pack, it was empty. We chatted for a few minutes, then he went off to the pharmacy for a refill, but his yearly prescription was up. That meant he had to drive to the doctor's office for a new prescription. Um, our doctor is closed on Mondays.

He made it back home around 11, and the promise Chinese buffet for lunch tempted him to go with me to pay bills and such. We didn't get home until right before Mini's bus arrived. Whew!

Despite all the craziness, I still managed to get a few writerly things accomplished. My website is updated, and I've assigned a release date for What She Doesn't Know, my erotica collection. I'll be releasing it on Smashwords April 30th, 2012.

Also, I finally have a cover image for Twilight's Edge - the re-imagined title for the collection of fairy stories that contains my previously published, erotic romance oak man story, At the Edge of Twilight. (originally published in 2007 or 2008) I looked and looked for weeks for a fitting cover for this book, and I'm very happy with this one. I did change the book's title. Twilight's Edge fit better on the cover, and is less words to search, so there you have it - in case you were curious about the reason for the title/cover name change.

Twilight's Edge
coming soon
Right now, Twilight's Edge is short novel length, and to date contains the novellas At the Edge of Twilight, and The Butterfly Prince. I'm waiting to hear back on a third story that's floating out in the wilds of submission land, and depending on what I find out, may or may not appear in the book. So, this one is still in production. I'll post more about it when I'm at a point where I can release it on Smashwords and Amazon. Ideally, I'd like to have three stories in there instead of two. We'll see.

A few more things about What She Doesn't Know... I mentioned a few days ago how I was pulling my hair out over the formatting. Well, Saturday, not long after I blogged, I downloaded a very helpful, and simple to use template from Sheila Guthrie on Scribd. What a relief to find a simple template. I highly recommend it for no-fuss book building. I use Office/Word 2010 and the template worked perfectly. No issues at all.

Now that my formatting issues are fixed, I just have to break out my red pen and read and reread everything until WSDK is polished and ready for release. I'm working on the volume a story at a time, and trying not to rush things.

Anyway, after these two books are released, I have another Werekind book slated for the summer, and a contemporary erotic romance for the fall. That should keep me busy in side projects for a while.

This week, I'm starting a class at the online branch of my local college. I'm taking a course in copy editing. Wish me luck! I will be in class for six to eight weeks, then I'll be tested for a certificate. Hopefully this will help with my self-publishing projects in the future.

I have whole lot of stuff going on, some of it I can't post on the blog, but I'll say that everything I thought of as being pretty stable is changing. Anyone else feeling a shift in energy?

Man, it's like it's coming in waves. Big changes. Stuff I have no control over, but it's stressful, because while not all of it affects me directly, in the long run, I guess it really does. So, I'm continually bracing myself for impact. I never imagined 2012 would be this hectic. But, I'm hanging in there. What else can you do but take things one day at a time?

That's all for now. Time to cook supper, and get Mini in the bath. I'll blog again when I have something to say. I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.