Friday, April 13, 2012

E-books, Revisions, Writing, and Home

Sassie Girl, my writing buddy.
Little Bear just made it home, so I'm closing the wip for a while. Once he changes into play clothes, and gets settled in with a snack and his afternoon cartoons, I may come back and try to get a little more written.

I'm writing today, because this weekend, I'm swapping over to revisions. I'm trying to get that erotica collection ready for Smashwords. I still have some clean up work to do, and the formatting is driving me up the wall. It won't be much longer now on that one, though. Maybe a week or so.

When I'm finished with WSDK, and I have it listed, I'll update my website with the cover for the novel I'm self-publishing next.

I don't know what I'm going to do with At the Edge of Twilight. I want to post it before summer, but I'm waiting to hear back on another fantasy romance story. If my publisher doesn't take my novella, I'm combining it with At the Edge of Twilight. That would make a good sized e-book for release, those two novellas together, the thing is, I have no idea how long it will take to hear back on this story. Either way the situation will work out, it's just going to take some time.

Next week, my class with LA Tech online starts. It's a copy editing class. Heaven help me. I've been out of school for a very long time. I hope to apply what I learn in this class to my own manuscripts. I'll be satisfied if it teaches me how to spot grammar and punctuation errors. We'll see how it goes.

On to other things... Earlier, around one o'clock, I boxed all Oldest's flash drives, his iPod, cord, and his tablet. After I wrote him a letter, I dropped it in the box and took it all to the post office and sent it to him. He's allowed to have a few personal things now that he's out of basic training. I boohoo'ed a little on the way home, but it's getting better.

We're going to Biloxi to see him when he gets his next liberty in two weeks. That same week, Mini will be out on Spring Break. That being the case, we're going to get a hotel on the beach and go pick big boy up to spend the day with us. When I talked to Oldest on the phone, he was looking forward to it. He even asked if MiniBear would be able to come with us. We couldn't take Mini with us to Chicago, but Biloxi isn't that far away. I told him yes, and he was glad he'd get to see his lil bro. He hasn't said so, but I think he kind of worries his brother will forget him.

Anyway, that's what's going on around here. I was going to my local RWA meeting tomorrow, but it looks like hubby has to work all weekend. I can't take Mini with me, and I don't have a sitter - I wouldn't trust anyone but family, anyway. So, I guess it will be just me and the Bear and the pets hanging around the house on Saturday and Sunday, not that I mind doing it. I just feel a little guilty missing that meeting, but there's nothing I can do about it. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^