Monday, April 23, 2012

Colorful GMC

My copy of Debra Dixon's GMC is starting to look pretty colorful inside thanks to all the sticky notes, star markers, and highlighting scribbles. I decided to pick up the book again after listening to a really good YouTube video about character motivation a few days ago.

I took out my copy of GMC to compare notes with the video, but apparently I didn't save the video to my favorites, and I haven't been able to find it since. I about drove myself bonkers Friday night trying to find the video again, but decided it wasn't worth the effort when I could simply re-read the book.

I'm having little ah-ha moments while reading, and it seems like more info is sticking with me now than it did the last time I read it. As I work my way through the book, I'm filling in a GMC chart for one of my characters as a test. So far, so good.

Anyway, this week I have light revisions to take care of, and I have classes on Wednesday and Friday. Oldest called yesterday, and he told us that last weekend they had some kind of event on base that may throw off his liberty schedule. We're waiting to hear back on that. If he has liberty this coming weekend, we'll be leaving for Mississippi on Thursday. If not, I imagine we'll wait until Mini is out of school for the summer. It won't be much longer now, anyway. Two or three weeks. Something like that.

My time is up, so I have to go. Boo hoo. I didn't get to the books I recently bought from Amazon. Oh, well, I'll save that for next time I'm able to blog. More to come soon, I promise. ;o)

Happy Monday, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^