Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday: Rest and Writing

Arrg, I'm sooo feeling the time change today. It was very hard to get out of bed this morning, but I was lured by the need for tea...and by a story epiphany I needed to write down.

Hubby woke me up the first time around five a.m. I'd fallen asleep on the couch watching 28 Days Later, and the hubster was up early to take part in an online game thing in Guild Wars, which is his thing. I gave the man a kiss and staggered on to bed, which I then had all to myself. Well, sort of. KippyCat and SassiePup were in there, so when I snuggled under the covers, they curled up with me and kept me all toasty warm.

I woke up again at ten, and had to drag myself out of bed. Of course, I probably wouldn't be so tired if I hadn't stayed up 1:30 in the morning, but I had a word flow going and didn't want to stop until it dried up. I ended up writing a total of 5200 words yesterday, which I'm very happy with.

I hope to get in another 2k in today. I wrote down several index cards full of scene notes while drinking my morning cup of tea, but I'm not going to start writing everything in full on the wip until later in the afternoon.

That's all I've got for now. I'm about to curl up on the couch with my Kindle and read for a bit. I still have quite a lengthy TBR stack I'm trying to whittle down. Happy Sunday, everyone!

2 comments:

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^