Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shamrocks and Post-It Notes

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I celebrate my Irish-Native American-German muttblood daily, but I do have a special place in my heart for shamrock day. When growing up, it was the one day of the year I was actually proud to have freckles. Don't forget to wear green so you don't get pinched! *peench, peench* ;o)

My special plans today consist of bumming around the house and tapping away on the wip when the mood takes me. Early this morning I compiled many of my short erotica stories into one volume for an upcoming collection I'm releasing through Smashwords. The cover art is ready, but I still have a few stories left to hunt down, compile, and proofread. There's really not that much left to do on it, and it'll be ready to release into the wild soon. Hopefully before Hubby and I have to take off for Oldest's graduation.

I panicked a bit yesterday while going through my files looking for some of the stories I'd set aside for the volume. I somehow lost an entire erotic fiction file I'd saved on this computer. Talk about a moment of distress. I wanted to cry. Or barf. Maybe both. I managed to hunt them down eventually, but that's one experience I don't want to go through ever again - losing a whole batch of stories. Yikes.

Today, I hope to make progress on the revisions for that novella I finished recently. It seems like every time I sit down to work on it, something comes up. I need to get that sucker as tidy as I can make it and kick it out the door. There are a couple other projects I need to tackle before the end of April. Anyway, I have my notebook, pens, highlighters, and Post-It notes at hand. All I need to do is grab my manuscript pages, and I'll be ready to give it a go.

That's all for now. I hope you all have a happy sparkly lucky green beer kinda day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^