Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Settling In


I think I've finally settled in again after conference. For the past two days, I've been struggling to get enough sleep. It seems like every time I'd try to catch a cat nap someone the phone would ring, or like yesterday, a guy selling steaks knocked on the door. When I opened the door to talk to him, he took one look at me and said, "Were you asleep?" Um, actually, yes.

I kicked Mini out of our bed and made him sleep in his own room last night, bless his little heart. Mommy was too tired to give up any snoring space. I slept hard. I don't remember dreaming or anything. I woke up when the alarm clock went off, and felt like a zombie when I shuffled around the house getting Mini ready for school. Thank goodness for coffee, or I'd be laid out like a slug right now.

So now that I'm a little more alert, I figured I'd catch up on writing, and blogging, and assignments for the workshops I'm taking. Especially while both the house phone and my cell phone are charging. My phone rang non-stop both Sunday and Monday, so now...quiet. Ah, blissful quiet. Heh.

Anyway, I updated my website yesterday, added some reviews to the book page, deleted a page or two, and prepared a space to offer some writerly type downloads. I haven't managed to get any sheets uploaded yet, but I'm working on it. I need to test it out first and do a couple other odds and ends. I do have a short resource list up, as well as a recommend book list. I'm gonna be adding more to that later, but I have some basic books listed. Every book I've listed, I've personally bought, read, and placed on my keeper shelf.

It's after 11, and I have writing to do. Also, my coffee cup is empty, so that's all for now. I hope you're all having a Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^