Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Relief : Love : Travel : Graduation


It's almost two in the morning, so it looks like I've officially survived Monday. I'm emotionally and physically exhausted, but I'm still so wired from anxiety and anticipation, I can't rest. It occurred to me a couple of days ago that we were approaching Oldest's graduation date, and yet, we'd heard nothing. We were very worried, so I started googling to find out when we could expect to hear from him. I read on one of the Navy Moms websites that several parents didn't get the graduation call until they were well on their way to the graduation ceremony. Talk about an expensive way to find out whether or not your kid is graduating!

Hubby and I discussed it, and went ahead with our flight arrangements. We reserved a rental car, and arranged to stay with friends at least one night while we're there. To help with costs, we're also flying out through Jackson, Ms instead of Dallas. Still, that's going to be several hours in the car, so in the "morning", after I get Mini on the school bus, I gotta drop a contract in the mail and take my car to get the oil changed. Hubby and I will be leaving Thursday very, very early in the morning. Everything we've pulled together at this point is very haphazard and last minute. We're definitely winging it. And here I thought I'd stop doing this kind of crazy mess once I hit thirty. {Glances around to make sure no one is looking...}

From now until Thursday, I'm going to be busy, but I hope I have a few minutes to write before we head out. I still need to get my proposal package together, and wrap up that novella. Time is getting away from me. It's for a worthy cause, of course. My kids come first, but I feel guilty not having everything together and ready to be sent off. Gotta get with it - the clock is ticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^