Friday, March 23, 2012

New Sale & Busy Times


Le sigh. I've missed two days blogging, but I guess I shouldn't be upset about that. I've been very busy. I'm taking a class, and I'm also helping organize my local RWA chapter's annual writing contest.

Outside of all that, I have three writing projects I'm trying to wrap up, and I need to pull together the rest of my submission packages for the editors who made requests at conference.

In the next two weeks or so, Oldest should be sending me his graduation information, which means we'll be making arrangements and packing up for the flight to Chicago. Jeez, where has the month gone? There simply aren't enough hours in the day.

Yesterday, I sold another project, a short erotica piece. Once I have all the info and the green light to talk about it, I'll add it to my website. I'm sure I'll be posting about it here on the blog, too.

As for other writerly things...I'm still waiting to hear on three novellas that I submitted late last year and at the beginning of 2012. If I don't hear on two of those stories soon, I'm pulling them and self-publishing them. I should have nudged by now, or went ahead and pulled them, or hell, sent them out to other publishers. After all, time is money. I could be earning off the stories right now if I'd published them myself.

That's something I've started to take more into consideration these days, what with all the self-publishing platforms out there. I still like the convenience of having a publisher, but at the same time, I can't afford to wait almost six months just to get a yes. That's not even how long before it goes from a yes to edits. Then it has to go from edits to release date. In this market, who can afford to wait that long? In fact, I'm torn. Even if I don't pull them, I may just start sending those novellas out to other publishers to see what happens. What can it hurt?

Tomorrow, I have a lot to do, lots of out of the house errands, plus studying, organizing, and emailing. Somewhere in there, I hope to get a couple of pages either written or revised. Wish me luck on that.

That's all for now. I'll post again when I have free time and something to say. Until then, happy weekend, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sale! Can't wait to hear more about it. :)

    And yay on keeping busy. Sounds like you've got some really great stuff up your sleeve. You're part of the NOLA group right? What contest are they holding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Isabelle. Yep, I'm part of NOLA. I'm helping organize the Suzannah contest next year. The final entries end up going before a panel of (six total) agents and editors. It's a wonderful contest, and I'm glad to be able to help with it. This is the link to the info page that was posted for last year's contest.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^