Monday, March 19, 2012

Heart Spell : 20,000 Copies

Holy cow, is it Monday already?  It feels like I lost a day somehow. Then again, a lot of stuff has happened over the weekend. Mini came home sick from Grammy's house on Sunday, and I managed to pull a muscle in my shoulder - which reminds me, getting older is no fun.

My erotica collection is almost ready to go up on Smashwords. Yay! The book still needs a few tweaks, and I haven't tackled formatting it for the meatgrinder yet, but that's on the agenda this week. The book is a lot less messy than I thought it would be, so I'm glad for that. When it goes live, it will be listed for .99 cents, which isn't bad for eight to ten short stories. I haven't counted them all, yet.

A few new book covers arrived over the weekend. The covers are for releases that will be out later this year through my Grrl X self publishing label.

The next book on my list to put on Smashwords is a two book collection that contains my fairy/oak man story At the Edge of Twilight.  You can click the link for an excerpt. I know there are people waiting for me to release this book.  It won't be much longer now, I promise.

More about Smashwords...I noticed this morning that Heart Spell has passed the 20,000 downloads mark, which is pretty cool. Heart Spell is a free Valentine's Day story from several years ago, back when the Midnight Moon Cafe was an active blog. Before Smashwords came along, my blog mates and I posted our free reads on a website we had through Bravenet. We received tens of thousands of downloads in the first few months, which was pretty exciting at the time. Of course, shortly thereafter, all our free books were pirated and they're still being pirated to this day. That never really made sense to me, pirating a free book, but who am I to second guess it? Anyway, if you do want a copy of Heart Spell, it's available for free. My writing has evolved a lot from when that story was written, but it's still good for what it is. There are several legit {and not legit places} to get it. I highly, highly, highly recommend getting a copy through Smashwords since it's safe for your computer and/or mobile device.

I have writing and revising to do today, errands to run, and I need to haul Mini to the doctor. Speaking of Mini, he's howling for breakfast. Bacon and toast it is. I hope you all have a snazzy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on Heart Spell's 20,000 downloads! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20k? Dude, that's amazing. :) Congrats! Am rubbing your arm to catch some of that hard-working mojo you got going.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^