Thursday, February 23, 2012

Writing Forward : No Tears


It's been a very tough, tiring day...one of those days that if I touched something, I pretty much broke it. I have dealt with a sick kid, internet router issues - which still aren't resolved, telephone issues, and that is just the start of the day long disaster I have miraculously survived.

To top all that off, the minute I came over here to blog, I broke my 2nd pair of $30 headphones in three months. They're the kind that have the mic built in, so technically I'm out headphones and a mic. Why, yes, I think I'll sit down and have a good cry. Don't mind if I do!

But, no. Just kidding. No tears. I got a redeeming email at the end of the day. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say about it, so I'll make it as generic as possible: I sold another story. Best thing that has happened to me in the past 24 hours. Make no doubt. And just in the nick of time. (It's shortly after 11:30 pm. Wednesday, although, it will probably be midnight/Thursday morning before this post goes through.) What can I say...I'm still "unwinding" from the day.

A quick FYI - my internet connection is iffy at best right now. I don't know the actual cause of the issue, but I think my wireless router is dying. I lost connectivity for most of Wednesday morning/afternoon, and then again after hubby made it home from work. We've got to get a technician out here to look at it, and the weekend is going to be the soonest we can make arrangements. So, if I'm MIA over a short stretch of time, that's why. I can be in the middle of something, and the connection drops and won't reconnect - sometimes for hours. It's very frustrating. So, I'm winging it until then. If I'm suddenly not online for a few days, know that I'll be back as soon as we get a new router.

I got a few scenes planned out to write in the morning. We'll see what happens. I have learned a lot of new techniques since the last story I wrote, so this is kind of a test on those skills. I'm always kind of rough around the edges after taking a few classes. On the other hand, I'm feeling much more confident about layering in conflict, and addressing deep character issues.

That's all for now. I don't know about the rest of you, but I wish I could write my way through Thursday. How great would that be? To get so involved with what you're doing, the next time you look up at the clock/calender, it's Friday. One can dream, right? ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^