Saturday, February 25, 2012

Time To Get Busy

where plot bunnies come fromHappy Saturday! Ah, such a lovely, slow paced afternoon. I wouldn't want it any other way. I went to bed around 3:30 this morning, but it was well worth the late night. I managed to get my notes arranged (six full pages of notes), and created both an emotional arc and a physical plot arc. I typed it all into a handy outline, and I'm totally jazzed over it.

When re-reading the outline, although the story is compacted into a smaller space, I can see where the characters emotions rise and fall in the story, and I gotta admit, I cried a little bit when reading through the ending. But that's a good thing. Le sigh. Romance is supposed to be...well, romantic.

I'm now writing my way through the story. I'm pushing through it beginning to ending. No going back. While I'm not imposing a deadline, I hope to have the draft completely written by Feb. 29th - a few days before conference. I don't want to have it playing on my mind while I'm away from the computer. To reach that goal, I have to write at least 2,500 words a day. {cracks knuckles} Time to get busy. Now for my mantra. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. Yes, even after all this time, I've gotta psyche myself up. :*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^