Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Writing Thoughts: Wednesday


It's hard to believe the week is already half over. I keep feeling like I'm missing something, a day, or maybe something important I needed to do, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is.

I'm in the middle of working on the short erotica story due at the end of the month. It's all plotted out and arranged. I have a rough sketch written, and last night, after much debate, I finally came up with a title that fits. All I have to do is get the rest of the story down on paper, um, computer screen. So far, so good.

Conference is coming up fast, and I really need to start looking at what I'm going to pitch. I've considered the September Experiment, but I'm seriously thinking about subbing that around on my own, and on my own time.  I already have a list of publishers where I'd like to see that particular book go, and none of those publishers require an agent. I also think at least three of my current editors would have an interest in the book. Even if I'm wrong about that, if I subbed the book and no one ended up taking it, I could always publish it on my own.

So, I'm not sure what to do about pitching now. If I don't go with S.E., I'm back hunting through my files for a different book to pitch - and I really don't have a lot of time to think about it.

I'm playing it loose at the moment, but I'm probably going to have to have a sit down with a few close of friends, pitch to them and see what they think. In the end, I'll probably go with what project seems the most likely to sell. I guess we'll have to wait and see what develops.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice blog.
    Happy new year to you from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And a Happy New Year to you also! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^