Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Musings

I'm about to go curl up on the bed to watch a movie - probably the 5th Element. I haven't seen that one in a while. I imagine Mini will want to lounge around in there with me before he falls asleep, which is fine. I'll move him to his room once he zonks out. Hubby is on the couch, snoring the house down. It's been a peaceful and productive Saturday.

My godfather stopped by earlier today to visit for a few minutes, which was nice. I spent a great big chunk of the day reading. I finished Bella Andre's Hot as Sin early, early this morning... around 2 am. What a great book! Around 10, I went over to my TBR bin and plucked one off the top. It was a Harlequin Romantic Suspense: The Doctor's Guardian, by Marie Ferrarella. I read it in one sitting. I haven't had a chance to put those books on my Goodreads yet, but will do so asap.

After dinner, I wrote a 1000 word erotica short story for one of the upcoming anthologies, and put it in my file folder to edit this coming week. I've also been going back and forth between two story ideas. I thought I'd settled this already, but apparently not. I'm not sure which one I want to work on next, and the thing is my time is running out. Conference is only a month away. I like both ideas, but each is challenging in a different way. I'm giving myself until February 1st to settle. If I haven't chosen by then, I'm going to have to pick one out of a hat and get busy.

Tomorrow, I have but one goal: buy print cartridges. I've got to print up some story building sheets and play around with some ideas. Whichever story clicks first, I'll probably pick it up and go with it. Until then, I'm going to stop thinking about both potential projects and just zone out. It's definitely time to give my brain a rest. {Yawn.} :o)

3 comments:

  1. Woo! Enjoy!! Turn that aria up real loud for me ;)

    Wow you must read a lot faster than I do. Good luck on picking the right book. I'm sure you'll do great.

    Dang you go though a lot of print cartridges. I hope it's a laser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty good movie, hubby loves the woman singing on stage right before the fight breaks loose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I think that aria/singing on stage scene is almost everyone's favorite. It's my fave in the whole movie too!

    Raven, I do go through print cartridges pretty fast. I use them for printing manuscripts and course material, and a lot of other things. I go through a cartridge roughly every 2-3 months.

    And reading. I read a lot. At least two books a week. I've read three books this weekend so far. I took a speed reading course a while back to help me no linger over books very long. It has doubled the words per minute I can read. It has made a big difference in being able to write, have family time, and still get in time to read for fun.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^