Thursday, January 19, 2012

Running Up That Hill



It's hard to believe the work week is almost over. Everything has been a blur. We drove to MEPS in Shreveport yesterday and watched Oldest's swearing-in ceremony. Afterward, we had a few minutes to give him hugs and tell him we love him, then we had to leave. I got a call from him around 1:30 this morning. I stayed up late, expecting it. Waiting. He basically called, and reads from a sheet to let us know that he has reached basic training and is okay. Then he hangs up. A bit depressing, but I was relieved to hear his voice. And relieved to hear he'd made it to Illinois okay. It's the furthest away from home he's ever been.

I'm trying to get the house settled after all the packing, shifting, sorting, and moving of stuff that's been going around since Friday of last week. I have to run to the store later today, too, because we're out of basics. Ugh. I hate it when things are out of sort like this. What can I say? I'm a Virgo. I like organization, dammit. I'm aware it's probably going to take all weekend to get everything back in some semblance of order, so I'm trying to be cool about it. I can only do so much at one time.

Today, I'm making a final reading pass over the short erotica story so I can get it sent out tonight. Such a fun, sexy little story. :} Once that's out the door, I'm going to start filling in beat sheets and working on a log line for a new erotic romance. Honestly, I'm ready to start playing around with new ideas.

Anyway, that's all for now. I've got to get a bunch of stuff finished today, because tomorrow I'll be off visiting with a writerly friend in town. We're going to break out the wips and chat about conference and books, girl stuff, and whatnot. Basically, some fun time for relaxing before the weekend gets here. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.