Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Bookshelf And A Scarf

For a little while this morning, Heart on Fire was in the Amazon Top 100 Books on the free Erotica list. It's also #877 on the overall free list. It may still be there, I haven't had a chance to check on it. A big thanks to my anonymous friend, who pointed it out to me. (Name withheld by request.)

Heart on Fire is part of the Werekind Series. Just a fun little werewolf romance that is perfect for Valentine's Day. You can get a free copy here: http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Fire-Cora-Zane-ebook/dp/B006M6A6V4/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2

I meant to blog last night, but time got away from me. I had to finish laundry and try to clear away some of the boxes in my office. Like a crazy person, I decided to add in a new bookshelf strictly for my writerly craft type books. Also, to hold my notebooks. Putting the shelf together was the easy part. It only took about 15 minutes. The real work started when I moved it to my office. Oh man, yeah, I started moving things around to fit the shelf in, and it soon looked like a bomb had gone off in here. I had literally boxes of books to sort. Lots of binders to flip through. Papers from...I can't even imagine where they came from.

My new bookshelf! You can also see part of
my space heater. And that blue thing
at the very bottom of the pic is the edge of
my jeans. I was sitting cross legged in my
desk chair when I took the pic. :P
When Mini made it home from school we had a grand old time shredded two bags full of papers. These aren't writing papers, they are bills from late last year. I have a storage tote of old bills to shred in the dining room, and that's on my to-do list for today.{whimper}

While digging through my stuff, I found two manuscript boxes from the 1990s. Back when I wasn't publishable. Yep. My old skeletons in the basement of my early writing years. I read through a few pages of a manuscript called Darkness Falls, and it's a miracle I didn't need a drink afterward. It was pretty horrendous. I'm sure you can imagine. But if you look at  the bright side, I stuck with it, and now I have over twenty published stories, in various lengths: short story, novellas, and a novel. I can stand up and testify that writing can be learned, because...whoa mama. These early manuscripts are bad. Bad, bad, embarrassingly bad. Keep writing, people. If you get discouraged, keep writing.

When I get the room to rights again, I'm going to put away the books on top of the shelf and set up some of the boys pictures.

Speaking of the boys, I have to sort through yarn later on this afternoon. Mini needs a scarf. It was bitterly cold this morning when he went out to wait on the bus. And, of course, the bus would choose that day to be late. {g} Anyway, he wants a blue scarf. One the color of Sonic the Hedgehog. I have no idea if I have any blue yarn, so, I'm going to have to check. It's been a while since I've dipped into the yarn bin. All that said, you know where I'll be later on this afternoon - sitting in front of the TV trying to work up a quickie scarf. Glamorous, no?

That's all for now. I have lots to do, and a short time to do it in before the MiniBeast is back home from school. Happy Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.