Monday, January 09, 2012

Inspiration & Amazon's Top 100 List

I've been sick most of the weekend, so I didn't get much accomplished writerly wise. Boo. Instead of trying to fight it, I edited a few paragraphs on the erotica short I recently finished, then put it away for when I've got my brains firing on all cylinders. Try as I might, I just couldn't seem to get a grip on it through the TheraFlu haze - a sure sign I need to hold off doing anything drastic. Monday, when the house is settled, I'm gonna try to wrap it up. At the very least, I'm going after it with a highlighter. It's not bad, it just needs a thorough polishing.

Late Sunday morning, while washing my hair - I have no idea why so many good ideas come to me when I'm washing my hair, but anyway - I had a writing epiphany. There's a story idea I've been playing around with since last year, but I couldn't seem to get it off the ground. I never gave up hope on it, and I'm so glad I didn't. I not only figured out how to get it off the ground, I figured out how to turn it into a series. Exciting stuff!

The answer to the story problems popped into my head, and I had to hurry and rinse my hair and wrap it in a towel so I could make a mad dash to my office to jot down notes. Which is kind of funny, because hubby always thinks I've gone mad when I run dripping through the house to grab and pen and paper. It also made me think of this video author J.K. Coi posted on her twitter feed the recently. It's Eat Pray Love author Elizabeth Gilbert talking about fear, our writing geniuses dying, and where writing inspiration comes from. It's very inspiring and funny - a truly awesome video about creativity - be sure to check it out. You'll be glad you did!

I also have a very cool thing to share! Over the weekend, the lovely Suzanne Rock told me she spotted one of my freebie Werekind werewolf stories on Amazon. It sat at #23 earlier this evening, but Under A Midnight Moon just hit #21 on the Kindle Top 100 free erotica list. It's also #367 overall on the free list. Very cool! And a first for me. A special thanks to everyone who has downloaded my story. I appreciate you!

Under A Midnight Moon at #21
Cool beans!
That's all for now. I'm going to wrap this up on a high note. :*) Too, it's after midnight and I need to get the laundry in the dryer before I can go on to bed. I hope your Monday is magical.

By the way, if you do end up watching the Elizabeth Gilbert video, come back here and let me know what you thought of it. Are you going to name your personal genius - your personal Dobby the house elf? Hehe! Inquiring minds want to know! ;*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^