Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crazy Day :: Writing Inspiration

Mini's new scarf.
"Sonic" blue, as requested.


What a crazy day! I woke up late for starters. It's my own fault, of course. I stayed up late finishing a crochet project. Well, I was kind of killing two birds with one stone. I was crocheting while watching research videos for my new writing project. It's been so cold, Mini desperately needed a scarf for waiting on the bus in the mornings. I finished it around one in the morning - a few minutes before the final video ended. 

By the time I crawled into bed, I was pretty tired. I remember waking up at 6, and hitting the snooze button. The next time I woke up, it was almost time for the bus. With very little time to spare, I rushed to get Mini dressed, gave him money for breakfast, and snack time...and then the bus never showed up. I ended up driving him to school. I thought maybe the bus had simply arrived super early, but when I got to the school, I kinda doubted that was the case. There was hardly anyone on campus when we arrived. I thought about it later and realized I had seen hardly any traffic on the drive over.  I parked  out front and quickly went through Mini's binder to see if there were any notes about class being canceled. There weren't any, and I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on. It was about 7:30 and the campus is usually full and busy by that time. After sitting in the car for about five minutes, I noticed the coaches out front on "drop off" duty, so I went ahead and pulled around to the porte-cochere and hung around until Mini dashed into the building. 

 I got back home and the power went out. That's when I found out that we have these massive storm systems coming through the area. I figured maybe the power outages caused some folks - possibly even the bus driver - not to get up on time. It's the only thing I can come up with. 

Anyway, on to writerly things... I spent last night and most of today researching for my next novel. I'm in the taking notes and collecting ideas stage, so I'm still working my way through character sheets, writing down ideas for scenes, working on a plot, and such. I probably won't start writing the draft until February. I need to know how the story is going to begin, what the main mid-point event is going to be, and how the story is going to end before I start writing. Every time I try to start a story too fast, I end up having to strip one of those three points out of the story to rework them until I'm ready to pull my hair out. It's worth it to do the prewriting. It saves me a lot of headache in the long run. On the positive side, I love to research and brainstorm, so this is me in my element. Let the plotting commence! {g}

Earlier, I noticed that my e-book Heart on Fire is #88 on the Amazon Top 100 free Erotica list. Cool beans! Don't forget to grab a free copy for your e-reader. http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Fire-Cora-Zane-ebook/dp/B006M6A6V4/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2

One more thing before I close today... I found this video on what it takes to be successful, and thought I'd share it. It's short, only about three minutes. It's inspiring stuff - well worth a look.  

 {Sorry, video has been deleted!}

I'm almost finished reading WriteTight by William Brohaugh. I'll post more about it once I've had a chance to read the last few chapters. I'll possibly have a short review for it on Friday - which is hubby's birthday, just for the sake of saying so. Hm. Now that I'm thinking about it, I need to bake the man a cake. I wonder what kind he wants...{scribbles down note to self} 

Next up on my (non-fiction) reading list is Hooked by Les Edgerton. Again, I've mentioned this somewhere before, I borrowed both of these from my local library. I've linked to the listings on Amazon. These aren't necessarily the cheapest listings, so be sure to do your own search. I linked them to the pages that had the "look inside" preview option. 

Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.