Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Xmas Rush

Ahh! Christmas is coming too fast! I still have shopping to do, and packages to mail. I realize they are going to end up being late, but what can you do? There's just not enough hours in the day to take care of everything.

I'm revising the next chapter in cue this morning. I've made one pass over this section already. Thankfully there wasn't that much markup, mostly stylistic changes. I'm going to transfer it to the word document shortly, read it again, and give it another pass. I'm rearranging some dialogue in this one so better safe than sorry.

That's pretty much all I've got on the table for today as far as writing goes. Ideally, I'd like to knock out two chapters, then the rest of the day I can read ahead and see what needs work. Make notes, or whatever. I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself.

On another note, I'm about to order new book cards for a signing coming up in February. I'm going to have cards made for Wicked Obsession, Wicked Temptation, and possibly Wave Rider. I would love to have something else made up, like sachets or leis or something fun to give away at the tables, but I haven't had a chance to look at the cost of doing so.

Whatever I don't give away in February, I'll take to the NoLa conference in March...which will be here sooner than I realize, I'm sure. I was thinking about that yesterday. I still haven't made my hotel reservations. And I still need to polish my September Experiment! Sometimes I wonder if the to-do list will ever shrink. Speaking of which...I better get my shoes on and make a dash to the post office. Gotta get these boxes on Santa's sleigh while I still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^