Thursday, December 08, 2011

Writing and Text to Speech

Um, yeah, we still don't have our Christmas tree up yet. I fear by the time I actually get it set up, it'll be time to take it down again. As soon as I get a free minute to dig the tree out of storage, I'll set it up. I probably won't load it down with ornaments this year, though, since I feel like we've already missed half of the holidays.

Earlier today I did a bit of Xmas shopping - for Mini's class party. I got a notice early on in the week that he needed to send $3.00, a stocking with his name on it, and some kind of treat type thing for 21 students. I ended buying a huge bag of filler candle, and stencils. Oh, and goody bags to put it all in. That will have to do it, because I'm too busy with other things to get all crafty.

Earlier today I managed to repair everything in the wip the power outage vaporized, and I finally made it through that difficult scene that has been driving me bonkers. So that's one more for the finished and ready to send stack.

In the morning, (well, technically it is morning, it's almost 2 am),  I'm going to wrap up this next chapter and run it through my new text to speech program. I meant to post about that the other day, but I got side tracked. I recently bought and downloaded Natural Reader 10. As I said, it's a text to speech program that reads pretty much any text you want it to. I've been copy and pasting snippets of my wip for a "sound check" to see how it works out when read aloud. This is an awesome program, and is very easy to use. It does take up a lot of computer space though, so if you decide to try it out, make sure you have the hard drive space to support it. There is a free version for personal use, but the voice isn't all that great. The upgrade versions offer different voices, male and female, which are more "human" sounding, and easier to understand.

Anyway, you can find out more about Natural Reader 10 here: http://www.naturalreaders.com/free_version.htm 


Back to the writerly manuscript stuff... as it stands right as this exact moment in time, I have nothing pressing I need to take care of tomorrow, so I'll be focusing entirely on the wip. If I can get two chapters cleaned up, I'll be thrilled.

I just noticed it's now after 2, so I better go to bed. I have to get up in less than four hours to get Mini ready for school. Ho hum. I'll be so glad when the Christmas holidays start. No school. No alarm clocks! Night night, everyone. Happy dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^