Saturday, December 24, 2011

Waiting For Santa


It's been quiet here for a few days. We're lucky to have my dad with us this Christmas. Mom called me in the middle of the night on Thursday and told me dad had fallen, his breathing was shallow, he was shivering, and couldn't feel his legs. An absolutely terrifying phone call. Everything was a blur beyond that. I woke Hubby and Oldest and shoved them out the door to my parents' house. Dad is a big guy, over six feet tall and about two hundred and eighty five-pounds, and she needed them to pick him up off the floor. Mom called 911, and when she told them what had happened, what he looked like, etc., they told her he was having a severe allergic reaction to his medication. They instructed her what to do, what to give him, etc., and once Hubby and Oldest got there, they managed to get him stabilized. (Hubby has had EMT training.) If everyone hadn't acted when they did, my dad might not be here today.

This morning, we gathered over at my parents' house for our annual Christmas Eve dinner, and we are all very grateful to have each other. At times, we get so busy with the flow of life, we forget how lucky we are to have our family at arm's reach. That scare with dad was a little reminder not to take it for granted. Lesson learned, universe. No more surprises like that, plzkthnx.

We had dinner with my parents, and afterward opened gifts, and chatted for a bit. Then we loaded up the boys and came home to go sleep off our full tummies. Seeing dad up and about, looking well, then eating and such...I totally crashed when I came home. It was like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I was so suddenly sleepy once we got home, there was no way I could last the evening without a nap. Hubby was like, "Aren't you gonna play with your new toy?"  The guys got me a 32G white, iPod Touch for Xmas, and they gave it to me to open over at mom's. I lurvz it. But even that had to wait while I napped.

Since then, I've set up the new iPod and iTunes and added all my music, updated my podcast subscriptions, etc. a few hours ago. Once Mini went to bed, I was able to bring in all the gifts for the guys to put under the tree. Cool beans. Now I'm sitting in my office, waiting for Santa to arrive.

Now that the day is done, I'm going to make a cup of hot cocoa, turn on some dance trax, and work on my wip for a while. Earlier today, I finished another chapter and placed it into the revised stack. So, onward we go. :o)

That's all for now. Wishing you joy and blessings of the season. Merry Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your dad is well. I just got done playing Santa's helper/wrapping marathon. Winding down browsing the interwebs then off to bed for me. Morning comes awfully early when there are little ones in the house. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, SarahFay! I hope the holidays were good to you and the family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^