Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Preparing For A Late Night


I'm making tea and preparing for a long night at the computer. Today, I wrapped up another chapter, cleaned up two changes to a subplot, and a short while ago I finished rewriting the scene that came up missing.

The remake of the missing scene ended up about nineteen hundred words and four pages long (single spaced). I'm now going through it and doing markup. Before going to bed tonight, I'm going to shave it down and polish it, then transfer this to the final WIP. If there is still time after that, I'm going to start the markup on the following chapter.

There are only three chapters left to work with, and I've decided to write a short denouement no more than a thousand words long. It's gonna be more like an epilogue, probably, but whatever. I think readers will want it in there, so I'm going to add it in there.

Earlier tonight I talked to my critique partner, and once she gives it a glance over, I'm winging the entire submission package off to my editor. I'm hoping she takes it, since I did write it geared to a specific line, but I do have a back up plan just in case. We'll have to wait and see what happens!

I have my new calendar ready to tack up on my bulletin board. Holy cow, I'm so ready for new beginnings. Now that I think about it, what better way to start a new year than with a submission? Cool beans. I hope it's a symbolic start to 2012! May there be many more submissions as the year progresses.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh a late night! I am so there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on the submission! Always good to have a back up plan, isn't it

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.