Monday, December 05, 2011

Meanwhile...Insanity

It's after three in the morning, but I figured I should probably blog before bed. I sent out the beginning of my erotic horror story to my critique partner Sunday evening so she could take a look at it. So far so good. I'm thinking this is probably my last pass over this story. I'm pretty much going chapter by chapter now and tweaking it by ear. Once I make it all the way through the book, that's that. Off to my editor it goes.

I really hope I can wrap it up this week. I think I can do it, but it's gonna be hectic. December is always a crazy month for me, and this year the crazy seems to be starting early. In a few hours, I have to go out to pay bills, and buy groceries. I also have a workshop to pop in on, a package to pick up, and around two thirty I'll be going to pick up Mini from school. Too, sometime this week, I need to put up a Christmas tree for the boys, and do some shopping. Yikes. I worry if I don't get on it soon, I'll miss out on Mini's Xmas list items. Holy crap, we haven't taken to see Santa yet either. <forehead smack> Maybe we can do that Friday night. Saturday, I'll be out of town, attending my local RWA chapter's Christmas party. Directly afterward I'll be taking a carpool buddy over to a book signing. So much to do, only one month to do it in...

Anyway, that's a few of the businessy things. This month we've got to get Oldest's stuff packed away. He'll be heading off to do his Navy thing after the first of the year. Which I can barely see how this is even possible since it seems like only a few years ago I brought him home swaddled in a hospital blanket. Wah-hah-hah. Yes. I'm getting my first taste of empty nest syndrome and it's no fun. Come January, I won't be able to see my big boy again until March, when we fly up to Chicago for his graduation. 2012 is bringing, big changes for us...

It seems like there's a lot of between now and January, but I know there isn't. And somehow during all the insanity I have to get two more projects cleaned up - most importantly the September Experiment, which is now my official pitch piece for the NOLA conference in March. But I digress...

I better call it a night and get a few Z's while I can. I have to be up at six to get Mini ready for school! Next time I come in, I'll have to blog about the new software I bought. <eyebrow wiggle> Until then, night, night everyone...and happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^