Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Lack of Internettiquette

internet memes - I'll Be Your Guide
Esther, my internet guardian angel.

It's Thursday already?  Seriously? This week has blown by fast! It's after midnight here in the land of La., and I thought I'd take a quick break from working on the wip to add an update. I didn't realize I haven't posted since...what?  Monday?  I didn't intend to leave it that long, but it's close to Christmas, and I've been kind of busy with family things. Mini has been sick with the flu for the past five or six days, so I've been staying in the living room tending to him, instead of hanging out in my office as usual.

I tell you, I'm so glad this Mercury retrograde thing is over. A couple of days ago, I don't know what the heck happened. It's like a major blow up in every direction. I don't know if people just loss their damn minds en masse or what. I returned home from drying clothes at my mom's, and when I came online to check my Facebook, a friend I've known for over twenty years royally showed her ass on my Facebook wall with no provocation. Up until then, I haven't spoken to her in weeks. I responded to her attack, and promptly dumped her from my friend list. If a bitch can't be nice, then we don't have anything to say to each other. That's all there is to it. It doesn't matter if I've known you twenty minutes or twenty years. Don't post on my wall criticizing me for my depressing, domestic house Frau posts, especially when you do nothing but post game updates on yours. And I'm not just saying that as tit for tat. It is what it is. No matter who you are, when it comes to my wall or my blog, play nice or you'll be sent home.

I swear not twenty minutes later, some guy leaves a snarky comment on one of the memebase pictures I posted to my wall. I didn't make the picture, I put it there because I thought it was amusing. It apparently put this one guy's panties in a twist. So, two people got dumped from my friend list in one night. This is the first time ever for me. I've only had to defriended one other person in all the years I've been on Facebook, and I did it because he was spamming my email account. So, I'm sitting there in amazement after unfriend #2, wondering what the hell has crawled up everyone's collective ass.

Apparently it's something in the water, because it's not just me getting the jump. Hubby came home yesterday evening and told me a guy had jumped his case right as he walked in the door to work. It didn't even have anything to do with him, the guy just assumed it did. Well, that got taken up with the boss, and ironed out promptly, but it put the Hubster in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

And just today I was reading a friend's wall on Facebook, and learned someone reported their page for inflammatory content (a creepy Santa picture, of all things) and had their account frozen. Apparently it took a few emails to get access to their account back. I can't figure out why the angry reporter didn't just defriend him to start with. Sheesh.

People seriously need to take a pill and calm the frick down. In more seasonal terms, put some holly in your bonnet and be merry. Can you dig it?

On a brighter note, I finished revising a very tough chapter right before I started this blog post, so yay! That's one more for the sparkly fresh stack of ready to submit pages. Only a few chapters left to go. It's coming along slowly but surely. Slowly...but surely. *_* <lol> Night, night, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I had some nasty FB messages myself, and I'm wondering if I should delete my account altogether. Must be the phase of the moon or something. I'm seriously considering writing under a new name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking it's gotta be a moon phase thing. I can't explain it but, wow. Seems like a lot of crabby, spiteful people roaming around this Xmas season.

    If you do end up changing your writing name, I hope you'll stay in touch (and let me know I'm talking to the same person!) ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.