Friday, December 09, 2011

The Friday Rush

Hurray for Friday! I wish I could say I'm in for a relaxing weekend, but things are gonna be a little different this Saturday. Oh yeah, I'm feeling it - the rush is on. I have to get my car detailed and pay up the bills, because tomorrow morning, bright and early, I'll be carpooling to the Bossier Parish History Center for the NOLAStars Christmas event.

Immediately after the speaking event and after party, I'll be attending a book signing for a few of the Nola gals at the Books A Million (I think!) around the corner. Since I'll be gone all day, everything that I don't manage to take care of today will have to wait until Monday.

In about an hour, I'm gonna go pick up the MiniBeast and take care of the weekly shopping so I don't have to do that on Sunday. I should probably buy a sweater to wear this weekend, too, so I don't go freezing my buns off while in Bossier.

Once all this is taken care of, I'm gonna try to work on the erotic horror story a bit, but I can't stay up too late tonight because I'll be leaving early, early in the morning to go pick up a writerly friend who's riding with me.

And that's the Friday buzz. I just finished another section of the wip last night, and noticed my story is gradually creeping up toward the 20k mark. Quite an expansion from a proposed 8k shorty. Hey, if it grows, I'm all for it. As long as the plot events don't get buried under any heavy exposition, it's all good! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^