Monday, December 19, 2011

Fill Your Brain

Welcome to Monday! I climbed out of bed this morning, and my muse met me at the coffee pot. "May I fill your brain with lots of lovely new ideas?" she asked. Why, yes. Yes you may. And she did, bless her fickle heart.

I tell you, it must be something in the stars, because inspiration is cropping up at every turn. First thing, I came up with an idea for a new story. It's very fresh and strange. It would probably fall into a YA category, so that's different too. I promptly wrote everything down and tucked it away for later, when I've finished up all my deadline stories.

Next, I went onto Facebook, and saw a picture author Lori Wilde had posted about frozen fog. I've never heard it of, but oh my gosh, just Google for frozen fog images and be awed. Someone came in later and posted that it's also called hoarfrost. That, I've heard of, but had no idea what it looked like. Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

A little later, I heard from a friend via email, and learned she is thinking about self publishing. I did a little research for her on the financials, and found this awesome website about self publishing called Self Publishing Coach. There is so much interesting information here, you can't go wrong. If you've ever thought about self publishing, this looks like a pretty good place to start.

That's just the tip top of inspiring things that have drifted my way. I've also cemented an appearance in 2012. I'll be attending the Friends of the Library event in Bossier City, February 11, so mark your calendars if you think you can attend. I'll be sitting on a panel with author Keri Ford to talk about how to read digital media, download e-books, use a Kindle, etc. Sounds like fun!

I have my revisions mapped out for today, so I better get on them. I'll be cleaning up the last scene in this particular chapter, and moving on to the next. As much as I love this story, I'm ready to kick it out the door and get back on my September Experiment. <g> Be patient, my heart! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.