Friday, November 04, 2011

Zombie Pizza

I had a crazy dream last night that I was standing line at a deli with the Oldest bratling. We were there to buy lunch, and one of the boxes on the top shelf was clearly printed with the words Zombie Pizza. It looked like a normal pizza, only it had a lot of veggies and greens on it. Like spinach. Oh, and tons of mozzarella. Hmm. I get it now. It was pale and green. Like a zombie, I guess.

Of course, I took down one of the boxes and offered it to Oldest, who passed, and went down to the hot serve counter to order...something. Whatever it was, it wasn't available. He came back to where I stood with the zombie pizza, and picked up something traditional for himself - sausage and pepperoni, I think.

Minutes later (in the dream), we were home, and in this bright kitchen area that doesn't look like my house at all, and were baking the pizzas we'd bought, when hubby came into the room and said that the "water company replaced the lines". I have no idea what this had to do with our pizzas, but we turned on the faucet and the water came gushing through. Talk about loud. I thought to myself, wow, we've never had such great water pressure. Which, in waking life is true. I just have no idea why I dreamed about it. And before you ask...no, it wasn't because my subconscious was trying to tell me I had to pee. :P

It's after 2pm, so I have to go pick up Mini Beast from school soon. Quickly, before I have to go, I wanted to toss this out there about the upcoming NaNoWriMo workshops going on in Second Life. These workshops are free to attend, and will be held in voice chat.


Nov. 17, 7:00PM: Workshop by author Cassandra Curtis 
Author of the Midnight Effect and Shifting Tides trilogy.
In this mini-workshop, Ms. Curtis shows how a writer can deepen the characterization of an existing protagonist, antagonist, or develop a secondary character by using a few simple diagrams, an interview sheet, character check list, traits, and even an exercise she invented called the Writer’s Duel, which creates multi-player participation in a game setting. Developing your character look in SL will be briefly discussed as well.


Nov. 17, 7:30PM: Workshop by author Cora Zane 
Are you struggling with your NaNoWriMo story? Erotic romance author Cora Zane will be covering ways to kickstart a story that has stalled, and get you back on track to reaching your 50k NaNoWriMo project goal.

Both workshops will be held here in Second Life: 
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Awen/211/196/22 


This weekend, I'll be working on revisions for the Shiver's story. It needs quite a bit of work, me thinks. Most of it is fleshing out scenes, characterization work, and an emphasis on building suspense. A tall order, but I'm on it.

I'm going to do the best I can to get this book as clean as possible this month. If I go over into December, that's fine, but hopefully I'll have it clean enough to submit in December. Then I have that short erotica story to write before the year is out, so I have time to revise it. Once that is done, I'll be able to take another look at the September Experiment. Hopefully the time I've spent away from it, will be beneficial for when I go back and pick it up. The material shouldn't be overly familiar with me by that point, so I should be able catch more issues in need of revision. We'll see.

That's all for now. Oh, one last thing...I haven't forgotten the Halloween deck. I finally took a pictures of it, but once again, I'm out of time. This weekend I'll have it up - I promise. Cross my heart and all that. ;*) Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.