Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Prepping for Submission


About an hour ago I wrapped up one of the erotic horror short stories. I'm super jazzed about this one. It's a very dark, different story line for me, but nothing with werewolves or vampires. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

It doesn't appear to be too dreadful (revision wise) at this point, so I went ahead and formatted it as required by my publisher. Now I'm printing it up so I can sit down with it tonight for a thorough proofing.

If I can expand it out a little that will be awesome, but for the most part, judging by what I've read so far, it looks like it will only need a bit of cleaning up here and there to get it where it needs to be for submission. Even so, I'll definitely give it a critical eye later on this evening. As per the usual, I'll make notes (and necessary changes) if I see anything major that needs fixing. Right now I'm just thrilled to have it all jotted down - one of the best feelings in the world is writing "The End". And in this case, it's in time for Thanksgiving, too.

Since it's one of the shortest thing I have on my plate right now, my goal of the moment is to have this story polished and sent off to my editor by the end of next week. I know she won't be able to get to it until after the holidays, but that's all good. I just hope she likes it.

Now that I've taken care of the writing portion of the day, I'm going to go toss the clothes in the dryer, wash a few dishes, and wait for Mini to come in off the bus. Yep, that's me, totally domesticated. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^