Monday, November 07, 2011

Natural Born Control Freak

Kippy cat looking super comfy on the sofa.
Everything feels very adrift right now. I'm a Virgo, which kind of makes me a natural born control freak, and it totally throws me off balance when there is so much chaos going on in my life at one time. At this moment, my car needs repairs, I have a workshop coming up, Mini has fall vacation is coming up soon, there's a memorial service for my uncle on Wednesday, I have a story to finish up this week, and...*faint*... that's just skimming the surface. I don't know what's going on in the stars right now, but about a million things have come crashing down around my ears in the past few days. I haven't been this swamped in a long, long time.

The test run for my workshop went okay. I still have cue cards to write up, and I want to run through it one more time before the event next week. I'm currently in the middle of taking a workshop, also, and still haven't read through the new lesson that just went up. Hmm. I better add that to my current "to do" list.

Despite all this insanity, I've made the decision to go back to school. I want to build on my current skills so one day, if I decide to do so, I can work as an editor.  I'll only be able to take a few classes at a time because I'm busy, live about an hour from the college, and I need to be home for Mini as much as possible. That being the case, I have no idea when I'll actually put this decision into action. Not in time for the spring semester, I'm sure. But I'll be hitting the books as soon as I'm able to get my ducks in a row - hide and watch. Until then.... Starting in December I'll be taking an algebra refresher course. Because I'm secretly a masochist. <shakes fist at evil Algebra>

I planned to say more, but I'm out of time. It's almost midnight, and I want to read a few pages - or sections if I can keep my eyes open that long - in this Ray Bradbury Zen book. Nope, I still haven't finished it. Just another one of life's little curve balls. Guess it's a good thing I always played well as a hind-catcher. All for now. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.