Friday, November 18, 2011

After Midnight, Early Morning


Oh wow, it's exactly midnight, and here I am blogging. I'll probably be tired as all get out later...in the morning. At any rate, I had a nice, productive Thursday. Early on I managed to get about six pages of my erotic horror story marked up, and thenI  popped in on Facebook to chat with friends for a few minutes. After that, I thought to check Second Life, since I have a workshop coming up this Sunday, and caught the beginning of Cass Curtis's NaNo workshop on characterization. Cool beans.

That's Cassie sitting in the front. I'm wearing the green shirt.
This is the NaNo workshop tent at Awen's Book Faire.
(click to enlarge)

Since I've already mentioned it above... My workshop on ways to kickstart your stalled NaNo project will be held at the Book Faire in Awen on November 20th. It starts at 8am SLT, which is equivalent to 10am CST/11am EST.

The SLurl to the Awen Book Faire is as follows: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Awen/203/201/22 
You must be logged into Second Life to attend. The event will be in voice, so be sure to wear your headphones.

On a completely different topic... I added a few books to my TBR list today. I bought a copy of Christine Feehan's Dark Peril (finally!) and Jennifer Crusie's Maybe This Time. I also bought a copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney for MiniBeast. We sat down with this book - a 200 or so page hardcover - and he read about 20 pages to me. Cool beans. So proud of my little guy. He's only 6, but reads very well. And he finds the Wimpy Kid books hilarious. I get a big kick hearing him chuckle over these books. :D I'm thinking this will be one book of many for him. He's been a good boy this year, so it's quite possible Santa will leave the boxed set under the tree for him.

This weekend, as much as I'd love to take off and just crash across the couch and read all day, my big focus will be to get two stories revised for submission. One of them is the Shivers short story I've been working on for the past few days. The other is a short erotica story due early next year. Once I'm done with these, I'll allow myself some down time for reading. To recharge my creative batteries and all that. It's part of the overall plan to get the Shivers story sent out sometime next week while Mini is on break. I'll be able to put i the extra hours without having to worry about sleeping late, or Mini missing the bus. Before I can send it though, I still need to write a blurb, and go through all the forms. Right off hand, I have no idea what I'm supposed to send in. Gonna have to look that up, asap!

Once these two stories are finished, I'll be ready to tackle the other Shivers story, which I'm presently considering expanding into a novel. We will see. If that's the case, if I do decide to go full novel with it, I may put it on the shelf for a month or two while I pick up the September Experiment and begin revisions.

At any rate, it's all something to think about. I have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time, so I can't afford to get too far ahead of myself. Even so, I would like to end up pitching the September Experiment at conference if at all possible. I really love the story, or I wouldn't bother. So if I have to choose between the two, I will probably put the September Experiment first. Because once it's finished, I know I'm going to need at least a month of down time to recuperate. <g>

Man, is it really going on 1 am? I guess that's all for now. The hour is wearing on, and I need to go over my workshop notes before bed. So....night, night everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Busy, busy bee you are! If you need a beta reader, let me know, I'd be happy to help any way I can.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^