Friday, October 21, 2011

Upcoming Workshops

Visit our new Second Life location in Transylvania!

Happy Friday!  I'm so glad the weekend is here. For the past week or so I haven't been getting enough sleep and I'm feeling kinda run down for my efforts. On the upside, just in time for Halloween, the Midnight Moon Cafe shop is live in Transylvania (Second Life). We are located on the corner between "The Wall" dance area,  and across the street from the Vamypre Cultural Center. The sign shown above is posted out front. I still haven't placed the event board in the new shop, but it will be there shortly. Of course, we also have locations at Awen (Bookstacks), and at Witches Island.

In the coming weeks, Cassandra Curtis has a few tarot events coming up. On November 17th, we'll both be giving writing workshops at the Book Fayre in Awen (Second Life). For her writing workshop, Cass is covering characterization - I think. I'll be doing a workshop on writing a fast draft for NaNo. It IS possible to write a usable draft in a month, and I will be talking about how to reach the 50k word count goal, even if you're in the middle of your draft and you feel like your story is too "broken" to continue working on it. I hope to see you there!

As always, our workshops inworld are free, but tips are appreciated. They allow us to continue to have a presence in Second Life. If you're already in Second Life, you can join our group to receive blue notices of any current events held by MMC authors.

On a different topic...this weekend I'll be doing a bit of reading, revising, baking, and horror movie watching. Hubby bought a copy of the latest Howling movie on DVD and I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I have no idea if it's a remake or what. I haven't seen the trailer yet, but you betcha that's one of the first things on my to-do list. I <3 The Howling movies!

Also, since the family and I don't really have that much going on for a change, I though Mini would like to make a mess in the kitchen with me sometime tomorrow. I bought chocolate, sugar free frosting, almond flour, and more eggs. We're all set, so let the baking commence! <cackle, cackle>

Hehehe... what can I say, the fall weather has me in the Halloween spirit. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.