Friday, October 14, 2011

Making Up For Lost Time

I took this picture while visiting Innsmouth in Second Life. Amazing SIM. I love the dark atmosphere!
This is my current Halloween inspiration. Long live Cthulhu! ^_^

I'm trying to get a bunch of writing done to make up for lost time. Yesterday totally got away from me; I ended up in the car for most of the morning and afternoon, and half the night was spent cleaning - and then cleaning up after the lazy bums who wouldn't clean up after themselves. Yeah, I kinda went all Irish housewife on everyone, but it's not for trying to patient with the numbskulls. Sometimes I have to remind the guys I'm not their personal servant. Thursday turned out to be one of those days. Help us all, right?

I'm close to wrapping up this Shivers story, but it's not there yet. Boo hoo. I'd hope to be writing the ending by now. Well, I have the ending, but there are parts in the middle I've been going back to flesh out. The story needs more meat on the bones. And so there it is. I'll be working on this one this weekend, trying to wrap it up.

As it stands, I need to have at least two more stories in the hands of editors this year - hopefully the Shivers piece will be ready by the end of the month - and then the September Experiment by the end of the year. I still need to reformat the fairy story and get it uploaded. It will probably have to wait until the holidays before I get the time to get it together, though.

So much to do, so little time. Ack. And I just remember I still need to find a good URL Menu script for the Midnight Moon Cafe shop in Witches Island. (Second Life) We have it all prettied up for Halloween, and will probably be doing another tarot event shortly. So, better get that sign fixed. It does no good if we can't link to our books.

That's all for now. I better get started on my to-do list. It'll be time to pick up Mini before I realize it. Happy Friday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful picture.

    We all need more hours in the day to get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary. It's a very cool SIM. People into HP Lovecraft would love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.