Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Furby Cat and the Carousel Song



Now that I'm nearly out of my 12 hour Zyrtec zombie mode, I thought I'd blog. I have severe allergies, and woke up in the middle of the night last night itching all over and eyes watering. I hopped out of bed and ran to the dining room for the Zyrtec - which is what my doctor told me to take.

Does it work? Does it ever. I've walked around a cotton mouth zombie all day long. Itch and sneeze free. No watery eyes, but holy cow talk about zero energy. Around noon, I couldn't keep my eyes open another minute. I hit the couch and was out for almost two hours. A knock on the door woke me up - the Entergy people dropped by to tell us they had to cut the lights for 30 minutes or so to repair a transformer. If they hadn't told me, I would've probably slept through it. Likely Mini would've been calling home in a panic - where the heck are you, mom? So, it's for the best they woke me, I guess.

Apparently the syllabus is a little off for the workshop I'm taking. No worries. There were no new lessons posted today, so I imagine we'll catch up with it tomorrow. Next month I'm taking an editing course through Tech, and while enrolling in that, I got this grand idea that maybe I want to go back to school next year? As if my life isn't insane enough?

Anyway, tonight I'm reading through the September experiment - taking a look at what I've got. There will be plenty of revisions in my near future, to be sure, but at this point I need to get a picture of what's in the book, and what isn't - but should be.

the latest wip - a lot to do to make this one tip top
I can't remember who mentioned it, but I noticed someone earlier today talking about their NaNoWriMo project on twitter. I saw their tweet and it made me wish I had more time so I could join in. It's tempting. The event doesn't start until next month, but I know for the time being, I can't promise those 2k words per day. Boo hoo. I never seem to be prepared. At this point in time, I need to focus on the current manuscript so I can start sending it around.

Once this book is out there making the rounds, I need to write at least one more story by the end of the year, even if it's just a novella. Cass and I had talked about working on them at the same time so we could check out each others writing process. I hope I can get this current book finished in time to do that.

One more thing before I wrapped it up for the night... A few weeks ago I asked if anyone could remember a trance/dance song by a girl with a baby-ish voice. I also mentioned that I remember her standing in front of a carousel in the video. Well...I finally found the darn thing! Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to try figuring this one out.

Here's the song and video: Look At Us, by Sarina Paris. I remember watching this on MTV back in the day! ^_^'

3 comments:

  1. That music video..I never would have guessed that. I've never even heard it before. I was looking in all the wrong places. lol

    I had no idea Zyrtec would make you sleey. I use Nasonex and it hasn't had any side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Sorry if I sent you on a wild search, Mary. I only remembered the images in the video, not the song or lyrics.

    Oooh, yeah, about the Zyrtec. I had no idea. I'm relatively new to taking it. The first time I took it, nothing out of the ordinary. But that 2nd dose a day or so later - knocked me for a loop. Even my kids noticed I was zombie-ish. It's similar to the benedryl effect. *_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Benadryl will do that to me too. I only looked at a few videos and was having no luck anyway. lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^