Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Distractions, Second Life, and Writing Stuff

Cass and Cora at The Voodoo, in Pumpkin Town
I'm having one of those mental meltdown kind of days. No matter what I try to do, it's a challenge to finished because I'm so very distracted. It started right out the gate this morning, too. Everything started out normal - I got Mini ready for school, but about an hour after I'd put him on the bus, I remembered he's going to a play with his class today. Thinking back, I can't remember if they were supposed to bring extra money or what. I didn't see any notes in his backpack when I put his snack money in earlier, but I wasn't exactly looking for anything regarding the field trip.

I've had that on my mind most of the day, and just when I tell myself I won't worry about it anymore, that I'll wait and find out the details when Mini gets home, I forget my own mantra and end up wondering about it again ten minutes later. One track mind?  So frustrating....

To pass the time, I've been doing my best to finish this little horror story for the Shivers line. I'm so close! I'm about 3k from finishing it, if I've judged my word count right. It's very dark and extremely dirty. If at all possible, I'd like to have this story subbed by the end of the month.

For those who might be wondering, the September Experiment is still on. I put it away for a little while, but I always seem to pick it up and tinker with it, even when I say I'm taking a vacation from it. Now that the emotional structure workshop is over, I'm about ready to pick it up again full time.

It's thundering and about to rain, so I'm going to call it a day while the blogging is good. Today's picture is actually from this past weekend. Cass and I went exploring Halloween sims in Second Life. We found a little dance "bar" off the beating path over in pumpkin town and ended up dancing to the jukebox. Hilarious stuff. Dig that huge candy corn nom nom Cass is chewing on. We each got one of those out of a trick or treat pail. Fun times! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.