Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Case of the Possibly Hormonal Fall Blues


Oh, boy, the weather changes have knocked me for a loop. I've been feeling it all day today. Terribly sluggish. Normally I'm pretty perky this time of year - I love fall - but, man o man, I woke up with a serious case of the blues this morning.

I don't know if I'm just hormonal or what. I took vitamins, ate an apple, and after a good cry over nothing, I went back to bed and slept almost until noon. Then around four pm, after I had Mini situated with his homework and hubby made it home from the job, I tossed in the towel on any further work - chores or otherwise. I felt so dog tired I hit the couch and slept until 7pm.

When I woke up, I was so zombie-ish, hubby kept asking me if I was feeling okay. Other than a mild headache, and the sluggishness, I'm fine. Although, I'm kinda wondering if maybe I never quite got over my weekend ick, and that's why I'm still feeling so run down and moody now. Whatever the cause of it, this isn't like me at all. Ho hum.

Once I was up and about for the evening, I set the clothes washing, made a plate of pot roast with carrots and potatoes for Mini. Then later, as promised, I baked cookies with Mini. We had a blast. He put his step stool up to the bar and helped place the formed cookies on the baking tray. He waited patiently for the timer to go off, and after I slid one batch from the pan (I just slid the parchment paper liner off the tray cookies and all to cool on the counter top) he was ready to load it down with a fresh crop of cookie dough rounds.

After the last batch, I put Mini to bed, started the laundry and cleaned up the kitchen. I still feel so exhausted. I planned to write tonight, but I'm barely able to stay awake. Instead, I'm going to take the Manuscript Makeover (Elizabeth Lyon) book to the couch and crash for a while. If I fall asleep, I do. If not, I'll read and look for something Halloween-ish on TV. Speaking of which... Anyone else notice there hasn't been much Halloween programming on this year? Bah humbug to that. I need to go dig out my Hocus Pocus DVD. It's just not Halloween without watching that at least once.

Tomorrow, Hubby and I will be celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary. Well, we'll be home-celebrating. Dinner and a movie. With the kids and pets and everything. That's for the actually anniversary day. Then on the weekend we'll get to have a cozy couple celebration - just the two of us. We still have no idea what we're gonna do. Nothing fussy, that much is assured. I'm perfectly happy with going out for dinner and a movie then back home to flop in front of the TV, but if there's something special Hubster wants to do, we'll give it a go.

I better call it a night. It's almost 11:30, and I still need to put some clothes in the dryer. I swear, towels and wash clothes breed in the laundry hamper. Just when you think you've washed, dried, and folded them all... Night, night everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Cora! ((hugs)) I sure hope you feel better in time for the weekend. Take care, C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bunches, hon! I'm ready for Halloween, I tell ya. Tomorrow the Hubster and I will be taking the Minibeast out for trick or treating. Tres fun! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^