Monday, October 24, 2011

Black Cat Monday


So what's the story, right?  I haven't blogged in a few days. Mostly because I didn't feel well over the weekend. Then today I spent most of my time doing the household accounting, and reading through the Manuscript Makeovers book I mentioned a few posts back. Thanks to all the thinking work, by the time I had to go pick up Mini my brain was on the verge of a meltdown. 

There are only a few days left in the month and I still haven't started on the revisions for my Shivers story. Ho hum. That's next on my to-do list, but I wanted to get through the book on revisions first - a kind of refresher before diving in. Too, I have a workshop coming up in November, so at some point I'm going to have to put time aside to compile notes for it. Actually, I think I better sit down at some point and make a thorough to-do list so I don't forget anything. 

Speaking of writerly things... Starting today, Cobblestone Press Publisher Deanna Lee is giving a free workshop on Dialogue over in the Coffeetime Romance forums. The workshop runs from October 24th - 28th and is hosted here: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=1815 .

I'm going to be super busy this week. There's just no avoiding it. I have projects to work on, and Mom's coming over Thursday for a visit. Then Friday I'm not sure, but I think Hubby is taking the day off. The 27th is our anniversary, and we're holding off til the weekend to do anything. Still, Hubby and I still haven't decided what we want to do when the weekend is here. He has talked about taking a short trip. I wouldn't mind it. Maybe a trip to New Orleans. Or Hot Springs. But at the same time, if we have to drive a lot, I'd prefer a low key kind of thing close to home. Like dinner and a movie. Something simple. Nothing extravagant. Then again, we're still rolling ideas around. No telling what the man will come up with before the week is out. 

Now that the house is quiet, I guess I better get to work. I have pages to read, and laundry to toss in the dryer. Tomorrow's picture day at Mini's school, so I gotta have his favorite school shirt washed and ready. Ho hum. Hey, on the other hand, I'm kinda wondering if there's any Halloween programming on tonight. Might as well check while I have I have the den all to myself... <evil hand wringing>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.