Thursday, September 29, 2011

writing, laundry, and foam pumpkins

Mini's foam pumpkin magnets
I'm doing laundry at the moment, and trying to come up with a title for the Shivers story I've been collecting notes for over the past few days. I have a beat sheet for it, and a couple of scene cards. Just enough stuff to compile into a binder. It's not ready to be written yet. But soon...

Over the weekend, I'll be changing out my goal calendars and putting my files in order so the September Experiment Phase 2 can move forward. I want to update a couple of the character profiles, and I still need to straighten out the spine of my story. I've been working on it on and off, even though I said I wasn't going to until next week, but it's all been little things - small tweaks. By Monday I need to be able to have all my material together so I can focus on what I've got. Le sigh. Time to get back to work and all that.

This afternoon I took time off to do some crafty stuff with the little bear. The kids from down the street came over to play, and he was a bit whiny when it came time for them to go home. Oh boy. To take his mind off of it, I got him busy making foam pumpkin faces out of a craft kit I bought for about $5.00. He had a blast making these things. I had a box of sticky back round magnets, and let him have at it. The kit makes 36, I think. My personal favorite is a cyclops pumpkin Little Bear made, but it's on the fridge and I didn't get a picture of it.

Well, it's that time...I better go get the clothes in the dryer so I can settle in and read while I can. Tomorrow, I'll be paying bills and buying groceries. Fun for everyone, right? <g> Happy Thursday, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable foam pumpkin faces. Mini did an excellent job! :-)

    Yeah, see, I knew you couldn't resist tweaking on your opus. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah. You know me too well! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^