Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Take It and Run

Is it over yet?  Oh my, I'm having a terrible week. It seems like every couple of hours there's a new fire to put out and I'm counting the minutes until Friday afternoon so I can escape it all.

On the plus side, I'm officially over the 30k mark. My wip is parked right now at 32,517 words. I'll be thoroughly jazzed if I can swing 35k by the end of the week.

I know I promised to get a picture up of my storyboard, and I haven't forgotten. I'll see if I can pull my webcam around and snap a pic of it tonight. If not, I'll do it this weekend. I didn't realize until yesterday the batteries in my SLR are dead. It's been a while since I've taken it out of the case, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I haven't changed the batteries since sometime around Christmas/New Year. At any rate, the book is coming along nicely, and so far I have no complaints.

When I hit around 50k, I'm going to declare the wip ready for stage 2. I'll take as much time as I need to pull the book apart scene by scene and element by element. The purpose will be to straighten any broken plot areas, fill in scene gaps and plot holes, look for any inconsistencies, and flesh out all the scenes to maximize tension and purpose. So yeah, round 2 is when the real work starts, and strangely enough, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm crossing my fingers this all goes well, but at the same time, I'm trying to keep in mind that this is a learning experience. Once again, this is all in conjunction with my September Experiment. I managed to pull this off once with Wicked Obsession on a very tight time frame.This is the test to see if I can duplicate the process with similar - or hopefully, BETTER - results.

Off for now. I need to go dry my hair and get the house ready for Mini. I have to go pick him up from school in about an hour. Urg. It's not that I'm dreading Mini coming home, I'm dreading the school news of the day. But what can you do, yanno? Here's hoping the rest of the day gets better. <time lapse> Oooh, on the plus side, UPS just arrived...with my new shoes! Retro, sparkly sneakers. My inner raver is appeased. Cool Beans. This also means, not only have I met my quota today, I have a happy ending for my post to boot. I'll take it and run! ;D

Hope you have a happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^