Tuesday, September 06, 2011

More Words for the WIP

It's one a.m., Tuesday morning. I have no idea what date my blog is going to add at the top of my post. It's been acting very wonky for the past week. Maybe blogger is updating something, I have no idea. Anyway, I had someone get on my case for not having a Networked Blogs widget, so I added one. I guess it remains to be seen, if anyone actually uses it.

On to writerly things... For Monday, I wrote 2019 words for the September Experiment, and spent much of the day working on subplots and character building. To date I have written 13,683 words overall. Not too shabby for a few days work. I admit though I'm still doing a lot of brainstorming as I go. I've written probably six pages of notes in the past two days.

When I bought groceries Monday afternoon, I had to pick up a new pocket notebook, because in the past week I've used all the remaining paper out of the half-pint legal pad I've been using since the June workshop at BPCC. I've since transferred all my little scribblings to the new notebook. Most of them are to do with the hero - a stubborn guy who is giving me all kinds of fits about revealing his back story. He's barely shared a glimpse of it, and there has to be something more, some meat to his personality and the reason he does things. I did a lot of digging into who he is earlier in the evening, but his personality still it feels very thin to me. There's not enough "character" in the character yet. Le sigh. Much more work to do in that department.

Before I close for the night...morning?... I want to share this article that's up over at Romance University. 10 Ways to Create Vivid, Compelling Characters by C.J. Redwine:  http://networkedblogs.com/mAi3d

Also, The Suzannah Contest is now open for entries, both pubbed and unpubbed writers are welcome to enter. This is hosted by my local RWA chapter, and they always have fantastic lineup to judge this contest. More details are here: http://www.nolastars.com 

And one more...Ellora's Cave has opened a new line geared toward male readers. You can read more about that here: http://redlinesanddeadlines.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-line-ec-for-men.html

That's all for now. The bed is calling to me. I'm so very tired, and I have to get up at 6 am. I'm definitely going to need my coffee in the morning. <lol> Over and out, ya'll. Nighty, night!

1 comment:

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.