Friday, September 02, 2011

Friday Giblets

It's early Friday morning, and I'm about to head off to bed. Before I go, I thought I'd blog while the house is quiet, and since I anticipate a busy day ahead. I likely won't be able to get back on the computer until late this evening. Ho hum.

Anyway, I did several timed writings with my crit partner Cassandra Curtis tonight (Thursday night-Friday morning) and at the end of this last session, I am sitting at 5078 for the day's total.

That's a very good amount for me. I don't usually pull in this many words unless I'm on a deadline, and thankfully, I'm not right now. What with all that has been going on with family and illness and trips across the country, I'd probably be insane right now. <lol>

For the week, so far, I've raked in 8,913 words overall, and I'm very pleased with that. I still hope to boost that up to at least 10k tomorrow...which is my new weekly goal. We will see.

For doing timed writings with Cassie while on Skype, I found this cool app for doing timed writings. It's free in the Google Chrome app store, or you can go here: http://www.timer-tab.com/ Basically, if you're using Google Chrome, you download it, and it opens a new browser tab. The whole tab is a timer. You can set it to any time you want. When your time is up, a youtube video begins to play - it's a bell ringing. If that sound effect doesn't suit you, you can also change it out. I changed my timer video to play this sound effect - a school bell. It was very easy to change, so that's a plus. Overall, I'm very happy with the app and will continue to use it.

Yesterday, I read a really good article over on Nathan Bransford blog about being yourself on the internet vs. author branding. I thought that was really interesting, and encourage those worried about branding to give it a look.

Sassie pup just came into my office whining. Poor beast, I think she's ready for mom to go on to bed. <so she can too, heh> Lots to do tomorrow, so I better try to get some rest. 'Night all!




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the article - interestng stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found it useful! I thought he made excellent points in that article. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have Google chrome, but I did check out Nathan's blog post. Thanks for the linkie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good article, Cass. We'll have to get together next week and discuss.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^