Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Doctors, Ideas, and Miss Blossom

I'm off to the doctor today. I have a major sinus infection, a possible ear infection, and right now, my nose is so sore and swollen it's as if I've taken a hit to the face with a football. The only thing killing the pain is BC Powders, and I'd rather not take anything stronger than that if I can get away with it. Not a happy situation any way you look at it, but I can't go around feeling like I've been hit by truck. Thankfully, I managed to get an early appointment so I won't have to sit there all day. I tell ya, I've never been so ready to sit through a doctor visit.

After I get out of the doc's office and pick up any prescriptions, I'm driving over to mom's to pick up what's left of Miss Blossom's dog kibbles. My parent's furbaby passed away yesterday at the grand old age of 13. She had advanced lung cancer. Very sad. Dad's beyond devastated, which is completely understandable. She is the last of their house pets - a thirty year lineage. No kidding. I actually named Blossom, and when she was a little pup, I started singing the "awesome blossom" jingle off the Chili's commercial to her every time I'd come over to see the family. I have no doubt it's going to feel strange going over there to a doggy-less house. I think mom's trying to make it easier on dad by clearing Blossy's things away, bless her. Out of sight, out of mind. It has to be done, I guess. But, goodness, she'll sure be missed.

On to more pleasant topics... I worked through a few scene issues last night with the September Experiment. I'm  trying to clean up my index cards and beat sheet as best as I can before starting revisions. Also, I made a mock cover - it's horrible, granted. Yes, truly horrible, that's why I'm not posting it. My Photoshop skills are seriously lacking, but that doesn't really matter. The mock cover isn't for show, it's to see if the premise is succinct enough to pitch. I now have a simple title with log line, and a pretty good blurb to go with it. When I start fleshing out and rewriting scenes,  I hope having this stuff will help me keep the core of my story on track. At least that's the idea behind it. We'll see.

For the two stories buddy project, I have a rough sketch of the plot, and I'm trying to flesh out character histories. I've started a notebook for this one, and I'm piecing together bits of information as I go. No fuss, no muss. I'm tossing ideas into the notebook when they come to me, so it's not like I'm spending more than five to ten minutes on it a day. Even so, the goal is to have a complete set of notes for when we actually begin writing our stories side by side. I want to have everything mapped out and ready to go.

Okay, it's around 7:30 am, and I need another cup of coffee if I'm to have any chance of making it through the day. Too, I'm rather crowded all the sudden. Sassie pup is on my lap, and Kippy cat is on the back of my chair, and they're both very dozy. They're probably going to be disappointed in me when I get up, poor beasts. So neglected... :P  Happy Wednesday, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I hate getting sinus infections. The first one I had a few years ago took my doctor 3 months to figure out what it was. They thought I was having migraines and I had to have an MRI before they figured out what it was. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest more and take those meds. ((hugs)) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Feeling better, thankfully. :) Cass, that first night I took antibiotics, I was out like a light!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^