Friday, September 16, 2011

22 to Go


I'm so glad it's Friday. For one thing, I'm behind on everything, and the weekend will give me a chance to catch up - at least I hope it will. I have a book to finish reading this weekend, a review to write, and I need to make up for the word count I didn't meet on Thursday. I'm going to tackle that tonight, because I'd like to get this story finished sooner rather than later. I'm at 35k words, and when I break it down into scenes, I still need to add at least 22 scenes to this monster before I can call the draft complete.

Today I added a new character to fill a necessary role in the story, but I'm still fleshing him out. I'm also trying to solve a slight problem at the ending of the book - how a guy gets a gun past security. It seems simple, but it's tougher than that when I sit down and try to make sense of it. There are a couple of little things in there like that, and it's kicking my tail, trying to sort them out.

Anyway, I bought batteries for the camera, and will get a pic or two of my storyboard in the morning. This winter, during the holidays, I'd like to completely rearrange my office so I can have two cork boards instead of one. Right now, there's no where to hang another board. Not a scrap of wall space. If I had two boards, I use one board to post everything up to the midpoint, and the other to catch everything that happens afterward. It seems like it would be easier to get a handle on the cards that way.

It's a short post today, but that's all I've got. Tomorrow, we're taking Mini over to my parents to spend the night, and I'll probably use the time to catch up on this story, plus some PITA chores I've been putting off. Exciting, no? ;o) Happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you catch up on everything you want to. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying, Mary. But as always, there are no guarantees. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^